Friday, December 29, 2006

COMMUNICATION

This is another collage on canvas. The centerpiece is a postalette that I tore and cut up. I used some of the stamps from a collection of canceled stamps from around the world that I purchased at an antique store last week; a fantastic find for a collage artist! The red stamp on the right is from Venezuela and the cancel stamp date is 1938! The collection had several pieces that were cut from post cards and envelopes and the sender's handwriting is on snippets throughout.

I used a mirror, an old watch, some broken jewelry and beads, along with some stickers and a holographic star to complete the arrangement. The snippet that reads "8846 London, W. 13" was also in the stamp collection. The blue stamp on the left is from Italy. The piece is all trimmed up with gold leaf pen on the edges of the canvas. On a final note, there is something I like about the number 36 and it seemed to fit good with the red background.

I think I am progressing some! I'm pretty happy with this piece. Maybe I really am an artist? One can dream :-)

2 comments:

unknown said...

Nice! Yep, now that I know 39 pretty well, I'm liking 36 a lot more, too! ;)

Lisa King said...

And 63 is pretty cool too ;-)