Saturday, December 09, 2006

CLEVELAND ROCKS

Here I am at Hyland Software in their Lobby, pretending to play this giant guitar that was in the "Guitars on the Move" exhibition in Cleveland. Hyland is a total nerd city. On the nerd scale of 1-10, I'm about a 4. So I could never work at this place, but it is a really cool place to work. The people there all seem to love it there. They treat their customers nice too.


















The Hyland headquarters building is two stories and very nice. They have their own diner, daycare center and barber shop on premises. The building sports two slides from the second floor to the first, so if you don't want to take the stairs down, you just take the "Silver Bullet" or the red swirlie one in the atrium.















2 comments:

unknown said...

Okay, I have to ask. Did you do a swirlie, or are you more of a bullet kind of girl? ;D How many people actually use this? Did you see any nerds in skirts on the slides? Wait... I just remembered your slide trauma, so I'm guessing you didn't use it. :)

Lisa King said...

You are correct: I did not do the slide. I did recall the slide trauma from childhood and it did factor in my decision not to bother with it. I did not see anyone go down either slide while I was there but I know some of the other students did. I actually intended to, but just never got around to doing it ;-)