Wednesday, December 20, 2006

THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION OF THE UNIVERSE
If you've read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy" then you know that the answer to that question is 42. That's what this collage is all about. I'm sorry to present such a poor picture. My scanner sucks and my camera is not much better.

This is another collage on canvas. I used a card I cut up for the butterfly wings. The man in the collage is Jackie Earle Haley who was a kid in the movie "The Bad News Bears" back in 1976. He's aged a bit since then.

I painted the stars and the canvas to match colors in the butterfly wings, dusted them with a fine glitter and sprayed it all with Krylon. Next I attached it all with the gel medium and sprinkled on some more glitter. The result looks better in person. I know it's a bit weird but I think there is something cool about it. It's what came of one brief creative moment when I opened up the mailbox number package and out fell the number 42.

1 comment:

unknown said...

That's pretty cool. Thought it was Michael Stipe at first! :) I likes it.