Saturday, December 09, 2006

CHRISTMAS COLLAGED ORNAMENTS

I'd like to share some collaged ornaments I made several years ago from Victorian paper ornaments and items I collected from flea markets. I've photographed them here against a patterned Christmas runner (perhaps a bit too busy). These have been around for several years and I've used them well over the years in my home decorating. They are a tad worn, but I still love them.

I used tiny glass and faux pearl beads to accent these. Most of the items used are antique, but some of it is modern too. I have some Victorian snow angels I did too, but I'll save them to post later since I have yet to run across them. Years ago I spent lots of time at flea markets digging through bin after bin of tiny items like old buttons and broken jewelry. It was very time consuming. Fortunately I collected enough that I still have lots of the tiny treasures tucked away in an old Christmas card box.















2 comments:

unknown said...

Pretty cool! :)

Lisa King said...

Thankies. I hope I can find the others to share. They are prettier to me.