Saturday, February 03, 2007

INSPIRE
My daughter-in-law, Reannon, and her family came to visit today, and to spend the night with us. Reannon brought a scrapbook she'd made in memory of her mom, who passed away in December. It is a very nice piece of work. After supper tonight Reannon and I spent some creative time together.

This is my collage below called Inspire. It's all paper. I used cardboard backing with a tissue paper overlay. I cut the little girl from that same old retro calendar that the last piece came from. I made her wings and trimmed them with gold leaf pen. I used a paper lace heart doily, rub ons, stickers, and magazine clippings. It's finished off with gel medium and a sprinkling of gold glitter.



Here's Reannon's piece. I think it looks fantastic. It's her first paper collage, and she used the inspiration theme too. I like the way she did the scripted paper and torn tissue for the background. She used a copy of a photo that Tara gave me some time back, some stickers, magazine clippings, and pieces of some old calendars that I'd cut out previously. She finished it off with confetti stars, a bit of gold leaf, a medallion, and some gold, purple, and green glitters. She glazed it all together with the gel medium.

2 comments:

unknown said...

These look good. Hopefully, we'll have time to do art this weekend (and possibly dinner? :) ) I'm craving Italian or Rusty's.

Lisa King said...

Ohhh...I'll check with the grump and see if he'd like to do some Rusty!