Thursday, February 08, 2007

AUNT BETH'S BIRTHDAY PRESENT
I did this collage on canvas for my Aunt Beth. That's her in the picture, on the left. The boy on the right is my Uncle Jim, and the baby is my Uncle David. I love this photo. I've had it for several years. Aunt Beth gave it to me. I copied it to use in the collage.

I did the same type of background with metallic paints as I did with the ballerina collage. I also did the same tissue paper with stars. I used a lace heart doily, a jewel clipped from a magazine and a strand of pearly beads. It's finished off with star confetti.

I think this is my favorite work so far. The photo is so classic and it's my family. Aunt Beth is the person in my family that I'm closest to. I will likely use the photo to make myself something similar as a keepsake.

No comments: