Sunday, January 28, 2007

BONES
Here is my completed Sunday art project. This is a paper collage done on cardboard covered with heavy stock textured paper. I used magazine clippings, some stickers, and some confetti stars. The wings on the suited skeleton are from a card. Once again I've used a metal mailbox number.

I used the gel medium on this one instead of glue. It worked OK, however it was necessary to use it on front and back of all the pieces in order for it to stick properly. That worried me at first, but it turned out fine and left a nice finish on the piece. I picked 9 for "9 lives." I know it's not cat skeletons, but...

I put the finishing touches on while trying to watch Battlestar Gallactica. I think I did ok. Battlestar sort of sucked tonight anyway ;-)

3 comments:

unknown said...

I like the way it turned out. It must be summer evening in MS there... all those bugs! :) So, what did the "I want food now" come from? :)

Lisa King said...

It came from a sheet of stickers you use for putting on photos. I think the fellow looks hungry. What do you think?

unknown said...

You could say he does. ;)