Sunday, January 07, 2007

SCULPEY TIME!
Skye and I spent time making stuff out of Sculpey polymer clay last night. I made the little flowers, etc. in the photo. She made a rag-doll that was really cute. I was going to post it, but she had taken it before I could photograph it, and apparently laid it where the weenie dog could get to it. He thinks anything that resembles a toy is HIS to chew to pieces. Needless to say, she was not paying attention and the weenie dog got hold of it and chewed its hair off. The face was unharmed but we'll have to make new hair for sure.

It was fun creating these cute little items. I will use them in future mixed media projects. There were some projects included in the package with the clay; they look really cool. I want to try doing them too!

2 comments:

unknown said...

Is this the kind of clay you bake or the air-dry? I know that the lady on tv used the baking kind to make a stamp... maybe you could use some for flower stamps, etc. :)

Lisa King said...

It's the kind you bake in the oven to harden. One of the projects is to use the clay with rubber stamps. I'm not sure how that is done, but I am gonna find out.