Sunday, January 14, 2007

ANTIQUING ON A SATURDAY IN VICKSBURG, MS

My spouse and I spent the night at Anchuca Historic Mansion on Friday night. Anchuca is a Choctaw Indian word that means "Happy Home." On Saturday after a scrumptious breakfast we went to a few antique stores to look for something cool to set our big old Klipsch speakers on in our living room.

We found an old Victrola that could be the ticket. We wanted something cool and functional and there is storage space in the front of the piece. We will have to measure and go back to see if it will work in our space, and also see if we can bargain with the proprietor.

During our adventure I happened upon some other treasures; a box-o-goodies for mixed media projects, a retro Barbie doll, and a Bradley doll that is in great condition. The Barbie is in good condition and only cost me 10 bucks. The Bradley doll was only 5 bucks. The wonderful box-o-goodies was 10 bucks. Yes, I am compensating yet again with the toys, since my mom gave away these same types of dolls that I'd had in childhood--without asking me first! Now when I see them I want them! Here are pics of my treasures below.



2 comments:

unknown said...

I've had one of those dolls, but didn't know they were called Bradleys! I wonder where it went... I'll have to check my doll box. :)

Lisa King said...

I had one in a blue frilly, Victorian outfit and possibly another in hot pink. I'll have to check with mom. I thought this one went good with my dressing area.