Tuesday, October 02, 2007

HOMEMADE DOLL
Here's a mixed media piece I did tonight after work. I think I'll put this one in the Little Big Festival show coming up in November. This one is on an 8x10 canvas. I painted the background with acrylic paint and then dried it with a hair dryer while some paint was still drippy and allowed for some artful mistakes. I used a big rubber stamp with some foreign language to make the background text. I drew the doll on in pencil, then painted it in with acrylic. I used a sponge stamp that I barely inked to give a faded effect of red stars in the background. I've been wanting to do a piece like this for a while. Finally had a reason to do it. I may do at least one more to put in the show. I think it looks much better in person.

1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Really, like this one now you need to do a female to go with him.