Wednesday, October 17, 2007

APPLE ON PUB TABLE
This is an 8x8 acrylic painting of an apple sitting on the antique pub table in my studio. It's a pretty boring subject and I attempted to make it look somewhat exciting. Not sure how that went. I'm not sure about this one at all; I want to like it but can't decide if I do or not. It's totally out of the norm for me. I'm attempting to break into doing more normal projects, only because I need to be adept at doing that as an artist.

I'm starting off with this and will try to branch into more everyday stuff. These works will likely be with a twist or be of not so everyday objects paired with everyday objects, because I know I won't be able to be too normal as I attempt to get more comfortable with real world subjects, and with controlling acrylic paint better. I need to start painting with oils too!

2 comments:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

I like it of course. Check out these blogs they may give you some Ideas.

http://dailylifepainting.blogspot.com/
http://paintsomethingnew.blogspot.com/

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

This is the person to contact for hanging art and booking for music.

If you are interested in booking music for Cups, please contact Jennifer Boswell at jennifer@cupsespressocafe.com.