Tuesday, September 04, 2007

KUNISADA (SOLD - Paul & Angela Bierdeman, Brandon, MS)
I found a beautiful geisha postcard from Japan while going through some old photographs, etc. over the weekend. I put the postcard with a piece of scrapbook paper, and viola. I used some of the old postal stamps, etc. that I purchased at the antique store in Vicksburg back in February. Amongst it all I found some postmarked stamps from Japan, one from Taipei, Japan, on the torn off corner of an envelope; also an air mail label. I tore tissue paper to make the blue banners to the right. The Japanese writing was printed from the internet; I tucked some of it into the torn envelope corner to help give an effect like letters flying out of an envelope and out into the snow. I put a little rubber stamping on a couple of the corners of the postcard to bring out the green stripe in her kimono. I took the title name from the back of the postcard.

No comments: