Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SMALL, QUICK STILL LIFE PAINTINGS
These are some still life paintings done in the past few weeks. They are all 8 X 10 done on masonite boards. Everyone has been busy, so studio time at the school has been cut short and we've limited our work to smaller pieces, thus the 8 X 10 size here. I have a couple of larger ones I can post later but these are easy for now.

Some of these items are things I picked up on a recent weekend in New Orleans. The Boviril jar and the shooter marbles were finds in antique stores there. I also found some really cool old hardware that I used in a mixed media piece that I'll post later. The retro cream pitcher is a find that Melanie Atkinson came upon during her recent trip to North Carolina to visit family. It is way cute.

Vintage Bovril Jar & Lantern Flowers


Retro Cream Pitcher With Fruit


Peter's Pottery Bunny With Lilies & Vintage Shooters

1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Wow your glass and marbles are so good!