Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MIXED MEDIA PIECES ON RECYCLED CANVAS
Recently I cleaned out my studio and a lot of stuff went onto the burn pile. I spent a good day recycling canvasses with gesso in various colors. Many of them were left with interesting textures. I decided that they would make good surfaces for mixed media pieces and used some varying colors of gesso on them. I found some colors I thought looked good together and added some more textures to a couple of the canvasses. Here are the resulting pieces.

I used lots of gesso, ink, stamps, frottage, tape tranfer, clippings, fancy fiber paper, acrylic paints, and vintage hardware I found in NOLA.



1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

We could have a bonfire I have some real losers. I have one that it is the third time to try hope its the charm. LOL.