Monday, December 13, 2010

STILL LIFE WITH TURKEY FEATHER
This is my final piece for pastel class. I am not totally satisfied with it, but I had to go with it as time ran out. About midway into it, I realized that I really wanted that pomegranate and bird to switch places, but that was not possible, so I just had to keep on trucking. I'm still not that great at setting up a still life on my own. The more you do it, the more you learn though. Anyway, I think this could have been better, but it's not a total loss. I was apprehensive about doing such a large piece (it is 18 X 20) but it went fine. I especially like how the round vase turned out, because I really captured the gradations of the glaze on it pretty well. I will just be glad when I get to the point where my work does not look so much like student work anymore. I suppose that happens when you are not a student anymore? Ha!

No comments: