Sunday, August 02, 2009

WOLFE BIRD PAINTINGS
Here are companion paintings of Wolfe birds. These are my last paintings from my summer painting get-togethers with Melanie Atkinson and my other artist girlfriends in Raymond. We wrapped up for the summer last week, as school starts soon and everyone is getting prepared and going on last minute trips. I had the chance to paint my little bird that I purchased on my recent trip to Wolfe Studio. Mine is the little gold, green and brown one in the lower painting. It's a little beauty. I really enjoy painting these little birds that Melanie has introduced us to. She has been painting them for years. She has a collection of Wolfe items that even includes a little cat that Carl Wolfe personally gave her when she was a child. What a treasure!

These paintings are 10 X 10 oil on gallery canvas.



No comments: