Tuesday, June 02, 2009

ONE
You can't stop this artist! I'm making the best of the summer off this time. Not gonna sit around and do nothing all summer and be bored! So, here's another collage on an 8 X 10 canvas board.

I copied a couple of pages from Revelation out of a very old Bible. I digitally manipulated a photo I took at the old Jewish cemetery in Vicksburg to use in the collage. I used the Bible pages for the background. I washed the background with mica watercolor. I clipped the photo and used the part I wanted with the angel grave marker. I clipped up an old poster to get the "one" letters. The butterfly wings come from a magazine, as usual. I used little mirrors for a halo effect, and a little cross from my junk store stash. Stencils using mica watercolor. Oh, and there's purple glitter on there - cuz that's how I roll sistas, bruthas!

1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

You go girl. Did you go last Monday? I have my car back but alas i have jury duty next week.
We have a new Mayor now. Yea.
I made Will a copy of the permission slip that Mike sent. So he is alowed to talk with you LOL.