Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SHRIMP & TEA
Here's another attempt with pastels. I did this in drawing class today. I'm also painting these shrimp in painting class, so we'll see a painting later of the shrimp and this same tea pot, etc. I love the irregular shaped brown cup that someone made in the pottery class.

I am liking pastels more. I'm slowly catching on with each drawing. I actually like this piece, though I don't think it's all that greatly executed, I'm improving, and I just like the stuff in the picture. I was dragging a bit today and seemed to have a problem with relationships for some reason. I used a piece of mat board for this one, colored a sort of goldenrod.

1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Shrimp, are you guys putting that in the frig over night? I can’t imagine painting shrimp in class. Still I really like this your teapot is excellent. Was this with the Rembrandts?
We all have trouble with relationships sometimes. Laura said she felt like she lost a friend last Friday.