Sunday, October 05, 2008

A PAIR OF PEAR PAINTINGS
After touching up drawings to complete my drawing class portfolio, I had nothing better to do than paint since my family deserted me for band contest, and old friends. So! I had these lovely pears from WalMart that I decided to paint. I put two on a dishrag with a speckled ceramic egg, and then I painted one alone, and really,really large. These are still wet in the photos so they look a tad shiny.

Pear Pair - 12 X 16 Oil on masonite (Saturday night)



Alone Pear - 16 X 20 Oil on masonite (Started Sunday morning and completed by 2p.m.)

2 comments:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

That is a huge pear. However, I think I like the one with the two pears and egg the best. I love the colors and of all things, I am working on one with pears in it. Then great minds think alike. I have been thinking about what to enter in the show in VAA and have one almost finished it is a landscape of Bayou Pierre. For some reason in the night, it came to me to do the same picture three different ways. That is if I can pull it off. What do you think?

Lisa King said...

I was at the store shopping for fruit and those pears were so pretty. I picked out some especially to paint. Then after I was done with painting guess what? Ate 'em up! They were yummy too!

I like the idea of the same landscape three different ways. I take that to mean three different medias?

By the way, I have some black mat boards for you to do pastels on.