Saturday, September 27, 2008

MORNING CATCH
I've spent this morning touching up some of my paintings from class. I have not been satisfied with them because they needed something, and what they needed is light. In the time allotted in class I don't get around to fully highlighting and so I brought everything home on Friday to get the highligts in and give a coat of Kamar varnish to all the ones that are presentable. Honestly, the first few are downright awful, but the last few have been ok.

So, here's the bream fish that a lady from my drawing class brought in for us a few weeks ago. Her husband caught them for us that morning. We painted them around lunch time, and Miss Ruby the cleaning lady took them home for her supper.

I have to say that everyone's fish paintings turned out really nice. I think I would not mind painting some more fish. But someone will have to be kind enough to catch them again for me, as I am not a fisher.

1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Love the colors on this one.