Saturday, September 27, 2008

THE KITCHEN GUARDIAN
Here's the last project I did with Becky Barnett. It's an all white painting; every item except the angel was white. This was one of those down to the wire projects where all the students were working on it right down to the last minute before critique.

This was a difficult project since it was all white, and all the pieces in the still life are shaped really funky. That vase on the left has an especially unusual neck on it and it drove me nuts getting it correct in my sketch, as well as getting the axis correct on it. And the one on the right has a strange shape as well. I finally finished this up today by completing a small portion of the tabletop, which I had neglected to do when I turned the project in due to time running out. But, I still got an A on it :-).

I miss painting with Becky. I love the methods she taught me. I'm enjoying learning from Melanie too though. I think that variety is going to bring about an interesting style for me in the long run.

1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Well you know I really like this one. I think you did a good job on it. I like to other work and it is how I would like to paint but its not there yet.