Sunday, May 25, 2008

CLOUD DANCERS
Here's a new mixed media piece for my gallery show this summer. This is done on a stretched 18 X 24 gallery canvas. The ballerina image is from the vintage photo sharing site I've mentioned before, and I've used it in a prior piece. I've used two old cloisonnes pins that I found at a junk shop in Raymond on a recent trip with my Design class, and some old pieces of jewelry as little accents (I love the little piano!). The clouds are made of tissue paper. The little frames are leather and chrome. The background is acrylic painted with a wet-on-wet technique that I've used in the past. The crowns are hand cut from a magazine and accented with metallic RoseArt pens. It's all finished with gel medium.

I have framed it in a gold frame that is somewhat ornate, but not too terribly frilly and it accents the art nicely.

No comments: