Friday, March 21, 2008

ANALOGOUS PAINTING
This is my analogous project from design class. It's on a 9X12 canvas board. The project was to paint a still life using an analogous color scheme. The bowl and the piece of fruit, which we don't know what is, were actually green. The pitcher, however, was red. In this painting, the pitcher reminds me of a giant pickle. The entire thing screams green and yellow. It's very analogous; I definitely accomplished the goal of the project. I'm not sure I like the painting though. It's is too loud to suit me.

Oh well, I guess it turned out OK for what it was meant to be. I can't say I like it much though. Someday, I'll be a real artist, and I'll be able to paint things I want to paint, not what is set before me by a teacher. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the learning process, it's just that the same items time after time get boring. That pitcher has been set before me umpteen times and it's getting o-l-d.


No comments: