Monday, May 29, 2006



This is stuff I found in my backyard and decided to draw as a tiny still life; part of a bird's eggshell, a feather and a little stick with some interesting fungus on it. I love little stuff like this. It's like gold to me when I find it. I particulary love the eggshell.

Since I am lost, I'm trying to find myself again through art. I'm taking a class and the teacher starts you off with returning to the basics, beginning with drawing. This is some practice for my class.

I did this yesterday afternoon during a creative session with a friend who is taking the class with me. She is a class ahead of me and is working on her second pastel drawing. I get to start my first pastel in class the week of June 19th when our teacher returns from an art jaunt to Italy. In the meantime, I'm doing some practice with my own subjects. I will post some of my completed assignments if I think they are worthy of anyone looking at.

No comments: