Monday, May 29, 2006


This is my first homework assignment from art class. After I was assigned this in class, I realized I had forgotten some really basic rules. I had to get ten items from Miss Dianne's closet and draw them in class. This was a great exercise for me, but In class I was only able to complete three items and I would never have gotten all ten on the page! I learned from my homework assignment that I'd also forgotten some some rules on perspective.

For my homework project, I chose items from my home that I think are really cool; a doll I made some years ago from found items including deer antler, spanish moss and bird feathers, the egg and feather from the drawing in my earlier post (Gee, I think I love drawing those two items...), a seashell from the beach at Ship Island, some tiny Southwestern pots, a marble cross, and a wooden cube and egg that I painted some time back. The cube did not turn out good at all and I would have erased if I could, but some misttakes you just can't fix. The cross also lacks something to be desired, but the rest of it looks good enough I think. Now when I'm practicing this type of drawing, I try to make sure to include a cube or box in order to practice the perspective.

2 comments:

unknown said...

Hey Chipmunk Soul Sista... where you get that dough Sista...? :)

Welcome to blogland! Sorry your best friend is such a random spaz. :)

Lisa King said...

Oh, it's ok my dear...