Sunday, February 20, 2011

PHOTOS FROM HISTORIC GREENWOOD CEMETERY

I went to Downtown Jackson, MS a few weeks ago and finally took some photos there. It was very cold, but I managed to get some shots in places where I really should not have been. I teamed up with a partner in crime who is a good friend of years, and we put on some blues music by friends and local blues artists Y'all's Blues Band, and just rolled with the flow, and right on through the ghetto!

One place I'd always wanted to go, and finally did, was Greenwood Cemetery, a historic cemetery down there that I have long wanted to shoot some photos in. Many of Mississippi's notable folk are interned there. It's quite lovely, especially in the spring. I am going to go back, or try to and take some more shots when the flowers are blooming. Here are a couple of the best shots I took there.

There were more great shots from sketchy places. I'll save some of those for later posts.




1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Very nice...