Monday, December 14, 2009

ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR RENDERING PROJECT

This was a challenging project given as our final in my Rendering class. What had to be done was:

1. Find a high resolution photo of a vegetable
2. Use Adobe PhotoShop to posterize the photo
3. Render a realistic illustration in Adobe Illustrator of the vegetable photo
4. Create a seed packet for Ferry Mose seeds in Adobe InDesign using the rendering
5. It must be a fresh design

I had to break my photo apart, and use a gradient mesh on each element on separate layers to achieve the realistic, yet, painted look I got for this illustration. I knew what I wanted when I set out to do it, but getting there was a real challenge. Once I got the color laid in, everything else sort of just fell together. Figuring out that I would have to break the photo apart to get my meshes to work right was the hardest part. The cracquelure effect was applied to each layer to get the texture. I got an A! Yay!



1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Love it. Looks like a cool project.