Sunday, May 24, 2009

CHIEF NANZETTA'S LINIMENT
Another mixed media project from this weekend. This one is 8 X 10 on a canvas board. I used black gesso, then painted the canvas black and mottled it with yellow ochre and black. Butterflies are clipped from a magazine. The chunk of mirror is Katrina trash, and the rest of the stuff is old jewelry and bits from the junk store in Raymond. The brass ring reminds me of the carousel at Balboa Park in San Diego. Threw a little tinsel on there for some shine. Even the frame is a junker, but I love how it goes perfectly with the piece. The Liniment flyer was rescued from the trash by my spouse, who got it from the frame shop where he works. They'd been laying around there forever. I have a few more, don't know if this stuff was for real or not.

1 comment:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Boy you have been on a creative streak. Love the moody colors of the frame with this one and the butterfly wings.