Thursday, December 18, 2008

SOUTHERN FAVE
This is my last painting for my Painting 1 class. Next semester I will have a special studio for painting with Ms. Atkinson since I could not fit in her regular painting class due to demands of my graphic design major. When I told her I would not be coming to the Art Department next semester she offered the special studio idea and I was thrilled!

I think this piece is my favorite painting of the entire semester; okra and purple onions on a white pedestal table laid sideways. That okra had been laying around awhile, and that onion on the left had been laying around awhile too, and it had a nice sprout on it. I'd been thinking it would make a nice painting subject when by chance they had gotten laid together and I noticed the colors looked really nice together. Finally, to my delight, it was set out for us on the last day! I think it was mostly for the lack of anything else being available, but how nice!

9 X 12 oil on masonite board.

No comments: