Wednesday, June 04, 2008

MARGARETHA
Here's another mixed media piece on an 8 X 10 canvas board. The background is acrylic with some confetti stars and a bit of pink glitter. I took the colors from the belly dancer's outfit. They remind me of Fruit Stripe gum *licks lips and says "yummy"*! I've used tissue paper for the starry moon-like backdrop. An old piece of an earring adorns her outfit.

The image comes from the vintage resources site. It's from a postcard circa 1907. Can you guess who she is? The numbers on the gold leafed star give a hint.

2 comments:

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Mmmmmmmm. Yummy colors they do look good enough to eat. The only person I can think of is Mara Hari. Is your stuff all up? Will most likely will be out of town next Monday so I might get Sylvia and come. You do not think the girl will mind I come. I do not want to make her uncountable LOL

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

I got a message from the person (Maggie) that bought my piece at the chick ball. It is on my blog site under the picture what surprise.